Chicken Diapers!!!

silkiechick05

Songster
10 Years
Sep 27, 2009
North Texas
i didn't really know where to post this, but...

Do they really work?

What do you think about them?

Show us some PICTURES!!!!

big_smile.png

Last edited:
I have to ask after seeing that on Public Television how to you change them? Easy to wipe a babies behind but a feathered behind I just can't figure it out. Just curious my hens are happy in their coop nobody is moving inside.

I would also like to know how the cleaning and changing of this works. I know a lot of people here on byc use them and some even use sandwich baggies and pipe cleaners but I don't know anything more than that.
hu.gif

I made a diaper for my Serama quite a while back. I lined it with toilet tissue over sandwich baggie plastic (to prevent leaks), and changed it out every couple hours, or whenever he got a little pungent. LOL I think it trick is to make the pouch part of the diaper roomy, and deep enough that the poo drops down into it, and isn't close enough to the feathers to get them messy. I was surprised how well it did work, actually.

I have no idea how the pipe cleaners might work...
idunno.gif
I don't have pics of Boo in his diadie; I lost his old diaper and haven't gotten around to making a new one. I need to, though - poo patrol can get very tiresome.
tongue.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom