Chicken didn't want to leave coop this morning, seems weak.

OH NO James!! So, so sorry. No words will help you feel any better just know that most of us know how you are feeling and the heartbreak your going through. Give Pattie a hug for me
hugs.gif

I am so very sorry. Dear Gracie.

You have such a good heart to try to give her every chance.

Poor Pattie - if you have or can get, put a drop or two of Rescue Remedy in her water (Bach Flower Remedy - health food stores...) for the next handful of days. It may have a claming effect.

So sad. So sorry.

JJ (jjthink for most posts)

Last edited:
Quote:
The vet tried as hard as he could to save her. He sat with me for fifteen minutes and explained all the steps he took. Initially he hoped he could use a magnet to retrieve the metal but her anatomy was quite difficult and the opening to her gizzard was very small. He then used a scope to see if he could locate the metal but that didn't work either. He went on to a flushing procedure and it was during that step that her heart stopped. I believe that the damage occurred after she passed - we wanted to know what she had swallowed so we could look out for something similar.

Patty is going on with her life but she is lonely. We are searching for another companion for her of a suitable age and size.

Here is a pic of our little Gracie, "biker chick". She loved James' motorcycle and would try to hop up on the seat whenever he uncovered it. RIP Gracie, we love you!

gracie2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom