Chicken died. Need Narcropsy info in Florida

Thank you so much. After watching the video provided by Dobielover, I concluded the same as the egg laying problem is related to Gizzard & Crop issues. "Seeing" the actual procedure and anatomy on the slides, allow me to better understand the problems.
I was not able to figure out "who" was having issues until now.. as I can "see" it more clearly. Plus, I do not have a camera in the coop.
The Good News is
all remaing five have normal looking stool with all crops empty. I will take in a stool sample to my local vet and as a favor she will provide any medication if needed but, she doesn't care for chickens.
I will no longer be feeding anything except layer feed as suggested by Kiki.
My 10 Polish Breed flock are good. As they do not Free Range and are in a controlled environment.
Thank you for ALWAYS being there to assist me and our BYC members.
Vicki

Thank you so much. After watching the video provided by Dobielover, I concluded the same as the egg laying problem is related to Gizzard & Crop issues. "Seeing" the actual procedure and anatomy on the slides, allow me to better understand the problems.
I was not able to figure out "who" was having issues until now.. as I can "see" it more clearly. Plus, I do not have a camera in the coop.
The Good News is
all remaing five have normal looking stool with all crops empty. I will take in a stool sample to my local vet and as a favor she will provide any medication if needed but, she doesn't care for chickens.
I will no longer be feeding anything except layer feed as suggested by Kiki.
My 10 Polish Breed flock are good. As they do not Free Range and are in a controlled environment.
Thank you for ALWAYS being there to assist me and our BYC members.
Vicki
Feeding all those extras will (highly likely) cause them to become overweight. Overweightness in a chicken is not as obvious as comparing 125 lb woman to a 250 lb woman. Overweightness in a chicken causes egg laying type issues.

Feeding all the extras also takes away from them getting a balanced diet and that in itself causes issues.

Back
Top Bottom