Chicken drags butt when it walks

Louie239

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2021
So i have a rhode island red chicken, its about a year and three months old. it has always been the sickly one, it had severe consatpation as a baby. I just got back from a short trip and noticed my chicken was dragging its but and is having trouble walking i looked at the vent and there was no sing of inflamation. My first thought was eggbound (Still think there i a very high possibility) or could it be maybe the rooster was to aggresive during mationg?
Any advice would be grealy helpful!

So i have a rhode island red chicken, its about a year and three months old. it has always been the sickly one, it had severe consatpation as a baby. I just got back from a short trip and noticed my chicken was dragging its but and is having trouble walking i looked at the vent and there was no sing of inflamation. My first thought was eggbound (Still think there i a very high possibility) or could it be maybe the rooster was to aggresive during mationg?
Any advice would be grealy helpful!

Too early for egg boundness if she’s not even laying. Could you post some pictures please?

this isnt her but she stands like this!
1630125771321.png

Then she is probably egg bound!😬 Have you looked at different threads to see how to treat it? I tagged some others that should be able to help!🤞🏼😨
yes looke now am worried about ascites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i havent examined it deeply enough to have any sure symtoms. will be on it in the morning, i hope its not ascites!!!

Back
Top Bottom