Chicken egg cracked all the way through.

I think you've done all you can. It probably won't make it, but separating it will give it it's best chance. You could put some triple antibiotic ointment on anywhere you can, preventing the growth of bacteria is most important- since it hasn't bled out, that's what's most likely to get it. Maybe vinegar or a piece of copper in the incubators water reservoir? Anything to stop it reaching the exposed egg. At day 14, it doesn't need turning anymore which helps. Keep us updated!

I think you've done all you can. It probably won't make it, but separating it will give it it's best chance. You could put some triple antibiotic ointment on anywhere you can, preventing the growth of bacteria is most important- since it hasn't bled out, that's what's most likely to get it. Maybe vinegar or a piece of copper in the incubators water reservoir? Anything to stop it reaching the exposed egg. At day 14, it doesn't need turning anymore which helps. Keep us updated!
So a white vinegar will work in the water? And i rubbed some anti bacteria on the plastic wrap and wrapped the egg. This egg is in an incubator that doesnt have an automatic turner.

Yeah, just lay the wrap over the cracked bit. And maybe increase the humidity some compared to usual, since it'll have lost a lot more moisture than usual.
A tiny splash of vinegar in the water reservoir, idk, it might help? Its the mildest thing I can think of, I'd dilute it a lot, 1/20th or less. Or salt? Idk, I've just heard that the water in an incubator can be a vector for bacteria(some people use distilled or boiled water for that reason)

Yeah, just lay the wrap over the cracked bit. And maybe increase the humidity some compared to usual, since it'll have lost a lot more moisture than usual.
A tiny splash of vinegar in the water reservoir, idk, it might help? Its the mildest thing I can think of, I'd dilute it a lot, 1/20th or less. Or salt? Idk, I've just heard that the water in an incubator can be a vector for bacteria(some people use distilled or boiled water for that reason)
Thank you so much i will keep everyone updated. I just lost a baby chick yesterday. It hatched and died very soon after hatching.

Back
Top Bottom