Chicken egg wont hatch but is still alive.

Camofla1

Hatching
Sep 8, 2022
I bought six chicken eggs off ebay and 5 never even started, one seemed to be doing fine until after day 21 and it didn't hatched so I waited until day 25 and it still hadn't pipped so I tried the water float check and it was moving a lot so I put it back in the incubator, day 27 I can hear it chirping inside the egg but it still hasn't pipped, now it's day 30 and its still moves around and chirps but still hasn't pipped. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do or if there is anything that can be done for that matter?

I bought six chicken eggs off ebay and 5 never even started, one seemed to be doing fine until after day 21 and it didn't hatched so I waited until day 25 and it still hadn't pipped so I tried the water float check and it was moving a lot so I put it back in the incubator, day 27 I can hear it chirping inside the egg but it still hasn't pipped, now it's day 30 and its still moves around and chirps but still hasn't pipped. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do or if there is anything that can be done for that matter?
Are you sure you are seeing movement and hearing chirps?
Read the article as listed above, and absolutely immediately, without delay, go ahead and make a small hole above the air cell.

Back
Top Bottom