Chicken Farmer in NJ.

Chicken Coop

Hatching
10 Years
Feb 14, 2009
Hello all, My name is Bryan. I grew up on a chicken farm in Dagsboro, Delaware. We grow for Perdue and I just moved to NJ because I got married and my wife is from NJ. I have a backyard flock of 10 hens and a rooster. I have 5 Maylays, 2 easter eggers, and 4 turkens. My nahbors really arent sure what to think of my chickens, and I also have a goat and a mini horse. Does anyone here have any turkeys? I want to get a couple bronze breasted turkeys but have never raised them before.

Welcome to the forums!
smile.png

I live in NJ as well and I thought everyone in the neighborhood would think I was a weirdo for having chickens around here. Turned out another guy around the block has them too and I never knew it. lol

I live in Northern NJ, where are you?

My sister lives in Maryland and there are chicken farms allllll over the place. Tons of people on the Eastern SHore raise chickens for all the major chicken companies. Allen, Perdue, Mountainaire, etc. I swear you can't drive a block without seeing a big chicken house lol.

I used to make fun of her for living in an area where there is nothing but chickens. Now the laugh's on me cause I have em right in my own backyard lol!

I live in southern NJ near Philadelphia. Perdue contracts with farmers and they deliver the day old chicks and we raise them for 6 weeks then they come and take em to the factory. we have 3 houses and do about 600,000 every 6 weeks.

Hi Chicken Coop! Welcome to BYC. I'm also a NJ person, I'm in Ocean County. Sounds like you have some space, get those turkeys! I have 3 chooks and getting more in the Spring.
smile.png

Quote:
Welcome from CT! I have an uncle who lives near Hammonton and a friend who lives in Egg Harbor City, which may be one of the coolest town names ever!

Back
Top Bottom