Chicken Feed from WalMart

Organic chicken feed is just like anything else organic - it's a personal choice about whether you think it's healthier or better for the earth. I don't use it because I don't think it is either of those things, so it's not worth the extra cost (to me). If you think organic is better, then it may be worth the extra cost to you. If you want to sell your meat or eggs as organic, however, you have to stick to organic, non-medicated feed. Also remember that there is a middle ground: nonmedicated but not organic, which is what I use. Extra antibiotics in the environment leading to resistance and all that.

I get my scratch there... works alright. But I get the main feed from a local feedstore, both to make sure tat the feed is high quality and also to support a local small business.

105737_dscn0226.jpg

Quote:

Quote:
Im in canada aswell i wish walmart sold feed here id buy it. With the feed prices up north here espcially where i live i could use the few dollar break in pricing. As for organic non medicated etc etc in that case you would virtually eat nonthing in life besides what you raise yourself. Any food you buy at any point that isnt your own would contain these chemicals and medications etc etc.

It would almost be like saying your a vegan and almost everything in the world is made from animals somewhere along the line it tends to get impossible.

Here in Alaska for the area I'm in, the local wallys sells the Alaska produced feed for about 5 bucks cheaper then if you went to the mill and bought it.
They also offer manna pro but we had some problems here with it last year so I've stayed away from it. Now in Anchorage, there isn't a single wallys
that offers chick feed. Just up to the store but a $5 buck per 50 lb bag savings for me will get me into wallys. I don't buy much else there but can't pass
on the feed savings.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom