Chicken Feed Ratio

I fed 2 to 3 times the usual amount of scratch grains over 3 days because of limited foraging do to cold and windy conditions and I got a deformed egg
out of five today. I usually feed less than 10% scratch. I have found that I get a deformed egg or two if I give them too much scratch. My bad. GC

Interesting I fed too much cracked corn and got ugly eggs, I thought it was a just my old hens .....might have been lack of layer feed!!

G’Day from down under DoubleB13
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received some good advice, I will just wish you and your flock all the best.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

A bit low in protein for growing birds, but fine for mature adults. But really low in calcium for layers. They'll need crushed oyster shell in addition to that feed. It's a bit low in the essential nutrients, and is missing lysine and phytase.

Back
Top Bottom