1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chicken feeders ok for ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by brooster, Jul 20, 2007.

1. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Do i need a different feeded for my ducks or can they just eat out of the chicken feeder. I just cant see them fitting thier beaks in that little trouh what does everyone use from brooding to full grown ducks?

2. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Make sure that the feed that your ducks eat has no medication in it. All waterfowl need nonmedicated feed. Also if you are feeding a all around feed make sure there is a water source near by since the waterfowl of any kind need to have water to help was the feed down. Jenn

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    We have hanging feeders with the adjustable things on the pan. We have it open to the lowest setting. Also, You can find wide pans for the bottom.

4. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    We use meat cartons from walmart. they are easy to access for the ducks and geese. I usually put a few cups in at a time because they have a tendenacy to spill their food. This way they have easy access and fresh food throughout the day

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by