Chicken food

Chicona

Chirping
May 22, 2022
I’m told I can’t mix food at home efficiently so I have to store buy and I have been but when I look at the ingredients on this bag it’s half of what I was adding so why can’t I just mix it ? It’s cheaper for one

https://www.organicfeed.co.uk/layers-pellets/

Composition​

Organic Wheat, got
Organic Field Beans, guess this is peas cause it doesn’t look like beans in the bag
Organic Alfalfa, got as I sell it
Calcium Carbonate, got as I sell it Organic Maize, got locally
Di-Calcium Phosphate, just a bone meal got that too
Yeast, got 4 types em microbe and yeasts
Organic Linseed Expeller, don’t know this one
Sea Salt, is on the seaweed
Seaweed got bags of it

So if I have it all why can’t I make it ? @U_Stormcrow this is like half the recipie I gave them before if anything I added more and I don’t even see any protein in there like fish or meat ?

I’m told I can’t mix food at home efficiently so I have to store buy and I have been but when I look at the ingredients on this bag it’s half of what I was adding so why can’t I just mix it ? It’s cheaper for one

Composition​

Organic Wheat, got
Organic Field Beans, guess this is peas cause it doesn’t look like beans in the bag
Seaweed got bags of it

So if I have it all why can’t I make it ? @U_Stormcrow this is like half the recipie I gave them before if anything I added more and I don’t even see any protein in there like fish or meat ?
The EU does things differently than us here in the US, as does the UK.

In this case, your concentrated protein sources are the alfalfa (if as a meal), your yeasts (almost 50% protein), and your organic linseed meal. which you might also know as organic flax meal. Its being used similarly to the way we use soy meal, though the AA profile is diferent. You can't just sub in flax, it has a lot less protein than what's found in the meal,and contains a massive amount of fat - expelller pressing is used to greatly reduce the fat content.

Local Pricing varies. If you are growing your own, or obtaining the ingredient wholesale, you might get close to retail pricing by the time you've mixed it.

Yeah even if I buy the ingredients it works out cheaper just by 25kg bags nevermind what I have grown lol, it’s literally £18locally for the feeds 25kg
I get corn 25kg for £10 peas £8 but I grow em wheat too is cheap or we can get corn wheat mix for same price
By the end works out to about £60 but I have then some ingredients added in small quantity’s I don’t need to buy for along time compared to wheat etc so the 2nd buy would be £20 to fill up n make another 50kg feed that’s half price already
That’s without farming what I do

So yes I farm alfalfa I make meal which is just dried and chipped it sold as a garden amendment and I use it for chickens to scratch in
Peas always have peas on
Maze alwaze
Ah flax yes I know flax right so for that one I need to research then to make sure reduced fat etc

The main ask is I was told I can’t mix feed as I won’t meet the nutrition needed ? But really if I have all that I can ?
Bonemeal has protine too
Yeast only added in small amount how do they add protein lol

So I’d only need to buy wheat flax as I don’t farm them
The EU does things differently than us here in the US, as does the UK.

In this case, your concentrated protein sources are the alfalfa (if as a meal), your yeasts (almost 50% protein), and your organic linseed meal. which you might also know as organic flax meal. Its being used similarly to the way we use soy meal, though the AA profile is diferent. You can't just sub in flax, it has a lot less protein than what's found in the meal,and contains a massive amount of fat - expelller pressing is used to greatly reduce the fat content.

Local Pricing varies. If you are growing your own, or obtaining the ingredient wholesale, you might get close to retail pricing by the time you've mixed it.

Yeah even if I buy the ingredients it works out cheaper just by 25kg bags nevermind what I have grown lol, it’s literally £18locally for the feeds 25kg
I get corn 25kg for £10 peas £8 but I grow em wheat too is cheap or we can get corn wheat mix for same price
By the end works out to about £60 but I have then some ingredients added in small quantity’s I don’t need to buy for along time compared to wheat etc so the 2nd buy would be £20 to fill up n make another 50kg feed that’s half price already
That’s without farming what I do

So yes I farm alfalfa I make meal which is just dried and chipped it sold as a garden amendment and I use it for chickens to scratch in
Peas always have peas on
Maze alwaze
Ah flax yes I know flax right so for that one I need to research then to make sure reduced fat etc

The main ask is I was told I can’t mix feed as I won’t meet the nutrition needed ? But really if I have all that I can ?
Bonemeal has protine too
Yeast only added in small amount how do they add protein lol

So I’d only need to buy wheat and flax as I don’t farm them

Flax meal is expensive but not overly so I haven’t tryed the local farm yet just google

Composition​

Organic Wheat, got
Seaweed got bags of it

The Field Beans used could be any number of beans Mung Bean, Austrian Bean, Fetch Bean, Maple Bean, etc. and not a Pea.

The yeast there using is most likely a Nutritional Yeast.

The Field Beans used could be any number of beans Mung Bean, Austrian Bean, Fetch Bean, Maple Bean, etc. and not a Pea.

The yeast there using is most likely a Nutritional Yeast.
Was under the impression chickens couldn’t eat beans u less cooked , they look like green peas in the bag but I could be wrong I will email the company

Who told you you couldn't make your own? (You don't really have to explain unless you want to) All chicken food is made by someone. If you do the proper research and think you have the ability to meet their nutritional needs, especially if you already produce much of it. Go for it. If they were saying it would cost more, than they failed to consider that your situation may not be the same as theirs.

Was under the impression chickens couldn’t eat beans u less cooked , they look like green peas in the bag but I could be wrong I will email the company
Beans can be heat treated in the same way they do Soybean.

Here is a picture of Mung Bean
OIP.jpg

Here is a picture of Vetch Bean
OIP (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom