Chicken found on her back

TreehuggerMo

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 8, 2013
De Soto, MO
About two weeks ago we found one of our hens dead in the coop with no obvious injury and no prior warning of illness. Now I have a hen (same breed) who is found twice now on her back and she seems like she is stuck there. When we turn her right side up she seems a little wobbly at first then seems ok for the remainder of the day. Does anyone have any experience with this? I tried to search for why this would happen but could not find anything and I am REALLY worried about her. Could the two be related? The hen is about 4 1/2 months old and is a Cochin. Otherwise eating/drinking fine.

Thank you for the link...I read it and the sudden death seemed to fit up to where it said it shows at about 3 wks of age...my birds are 4 months. I am bookmarking the link for the future tho as it had some wonderful information. I am getting some vitamin e today to see if that might help. i wish i could find a matching set of symptoms so i would know what to do for her. I feel like I am working blind - hope dumb luck is on my side.

Back
Top Bottom