Chicken guard and self locking door kit framing size?

Mthawkins08

In the Brooder
Dec 20, 2020
I'm building a coop and can't find the frame size needed for the chicken guard and self locking door kit. Can anyone tell me what it is? Currently my frame wood is 13 inches spaced apart

Last edited:
I'm building a coop and can't find the frame size needed for the chicken guard and self locking door kit. Can anyone tell me what it is? Currently my frame wood is 13 inches spaced apart
My carpenter designed a beautiful door..I had to remove it. You can get a sheet or piece of very strong plywood and cut it to fit, then use wood screws to mount the wood over your existing door. I’ll look for my installation instruction manual to the Chicken guard Extreme, if that‘s what you‘re looking for..

Is this it?

Attachments

• F6D1056C-1753-4A33-A84C-AE07BECEE65A.jpeg
    F6D1056C-1753-4A33-A84C-AE07BECEE65A.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 39
Watching, because my DH has asked what size doors need to be for automatic openers so that we can make the manual pop doors in the chicken palace easier to retrofit.
This one? I have it, it works great..

Attachments

• B4A4AF91-CBD2-4A4C-B991-B05DB8C610BE.jpeg
    B4A4AF91-CBD2-4A4C-B991-B05DB8C610BE.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 38
Here’s the new auto door and original door..edit..other pic won’t post, but, not important. Funny thing, even if you don’t set it on auto, or light sensor, if it’s open and it gets dark, it closes..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 36
He wants a good general idea since we'll be a while before we buy one (or more -- the Chicken Palace will have 3 pop doors for rotating pens).
They are expensive, but as far as I can see, quality products. I was going out in the morning and manually opening it, at night, putting the chickies to bed, I’d go back out and it was shut, and I’d think..did I not remember shutting this? It was auto closing..guess it’s a safety thing in case you forget, even on manual open, it will still close when it gets dark if you forget. The motor isn’t fast, but seems strong for the purpose. Lots of settings..you can adjust the light or lux level it responds to, make it work on timer alone, or auto..it was easy to install, you just need to be sure you don’t make the runners tight. I like the fact that it locks shut when fully closed, a clever design.

Back
Top Bottom