Chicken guardian animal that is quiet?

From around 4" to 6". Here is another picture it is older and since it was taken we have added another coop and moved the wires out around that coop too. I have seen all kinds of predators on my cameras. Now they avoid the coops and pens. They were probably zapped at one time or another. I use the poly rope wire. I do keep the weeds down under the wires.
2014-11-18 17.08.29.jpg

My chickens are in the same acre as my goats. I have 2 goats now but will be getting a couple more does soon. I have very few problems with predators but not sure if the goats contribute to that. I do have a covered run with electric wire around it but for about half the day the birds run in the whole acre with the goats.
As far as the hay is concerned, I keep it in a separate room in the barn. Plus The chickens clean up ALL of the feed the goats drop on the floor so that helps keep the rat population down which also helps deter snakes.
Kinda like a little community here with each little population helping each other! Getting political here but I wish humans could get along together like that!

My chickens are in the same acre as my goats. I have 2 goats now but will be getting a couple more does soon. I have very few problems with predators but not sure if the goats contribute to that. I do have a covered run with electric wire around it but for about half the day the birds run in the whole acre with the goats.
As far as the hay is concerned, I keep it in a separate room in the barn. Plus The chickens clean up ALL of the feed the goats drop on the floor so that helps keep the rat population down which also helps deter snakes.
Kinda like a little community here with each little population helping each other! Getting political here but I wish humans could get along together like that!
Thanks @Wolfie2 ! That sounds so nice. So you don't have a problem with the chickens using the hay feeders as nests or roosts?

If you don't think the chicken poop is a problem then I think I'm going to go ahead and make a chunnel from my chicken run to the goat and sheep pen this year.

I have a neighbor who raises goats. Most of the time when the female had a kid, coyotes would get the kids. He doesn't have a billy anymore so no more kids.He only has livestock for the agricultural tax exemption.

I tried motion lights and it got to where the predators didn't seem bothered when the lights came on.
I’m hoping with my dog marking outside the run and her and I even going out at night that with the light all combined it throws any predators off.

Back
Top Bottom