Chicken gurgling

Quote: The one time I used the 50 IM it caused injection site necrosis, so it's not just the 200 that does it.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Edited to add: Baytril injected can cause the same thing.

Last edited:
im guessing 6/7 pounds
6 pounds I would give 1.6cc to 2.2cc
7 pounds I would give 1.8cc to 2.4cc

Remember, I have only used Tylan once. Probably best to double check my math! Above numbers are based on 30-40mg/kg and the fact that 1ml of Tylan 50 has 50mg, .8ml has 40mg and .6ml has 30mg.

-Kathy

Does anyone know how to stop a chicken from gurgling without medicine? I don't wanna use any money ($$$)
barnie.gif
My chicken Brownie has been with me for a year. At first i though she was going broody but know i am not so sure. I don't want her to be sick but i think she is.

Does anyone know how to stop a chicken from gurgling without medicine? I don't wanna use any money ($$$)
barnie.gif
My chicken Brownie has been with me for a year. At first i though she was going broody but know i am not so sure. I don't want her to be sick but i think she is.
If she is sick with a respiratory disease and is gurgling or wheezing there is a high chance of pneumonia setting in, just from all the junk in her respiratory tract. This is why birds need antibiotic's for respiratory diseases whether they are viral or bacterial, both can result in secondary bacterial infections and pneumonia. Even if a bird survives the disease it's most often these complications that kill them.

A sick bird will wheeze, rattle or gurgle every time it breaths. You may also hear sneezing and coughing, there may be runny nose or eyes as well, sometimes facial swelling.

I just bought a "Rooster" . After getting home and setting up a quarantine cage. He drank water and I heard him gurgling! !!! Started the tetracycline at 3:00 p.m. ..... keeping my fingers crossed. One teaspoon per gallon.
400[

Hi all I'm new here and new at this got my stepson 6 chickens for Easter they are now 7-8 weeks old one ISA red has been gurgling since day 1 but she seems healthy flying eating drinking normal and havent noticed any other hens gurgle should I be concerned

Welcome to BYC. Gurgling is not normal. Sometimes liquid in the throat from a full crop or a crop problem could cause gurling, or it could be a respiratory problem or disease. Is there any nasal or eye drainage, or sneezing? Check the crop to make aure that it is emotying by morning.

Back
Top Bottom