Chicken has diarrhea

Buzzking

In the Brooder
May 9, 2020
I have 5 chickens who are 3 months old and one of them has diarrhea, when I saw them pooping a gross pasty liquid squirted out, and she seems to sit down a bit more frequently than the others. She seems otherwise fine, she eats, drinks and runs around with the others but I am worried it could progress into something worse.

I think that it is for sure water intake, they were drinking a lot of water as it was a hot day today and I observed other chickens having watery poop, I felt one of their crops and it was almost like a water balloon. Even though it cooled down a lot some of them are still panting, is this something to be concerned about?

Last edited:
I think that it is for sure water intake, they were drinking a lot of water as it was a hot day today and I observed other chickens having watery poop, I felt one of their crops and it was almost like a water balloon. Even though it cooled down a lot some of them are still panting, is this something to be concerned about?
I do not think you have anything to worry about. Just make sure they have grit in the food for their crops and clean cold water that they can have all day! :)

Back
Top Bottom