Chicken hypnosis?

magicpigeon

Songster
9 Years
Oct 9, 2010
Is it actually possible?
ep.gif
i've tried with some of mine and it seems to only work on one, my DD light sussex. The silkies are blind and a moot point for that and my Australorp just runs away with a "Oh no it's you again" look
roll.png
I tried the version where you hold the bird down and draw a line away from their eyes. i cant get mine to lie down, full stop.
lol.png

ETA: Video link

Last edited:
I don't know that you would call it hypnosis but I can make my little roo (my avatar) freeze by touching the tip of his beak with my finger. I can then pull my finger away and he stays that way until I call him. He looks like he is in a trance. It is a fun party trick.
tongue.png

Yeah, I've done the chicken hypnosis thing with my chickens to amuse the kids. We'll catch two or three hens, tuck their heads under their wings and rotate them around a bit, then lay them on their backs on the ground. They will lay on their back motionless for several minutes, then like magic all of them will jump up at the same time------weird.

Magic, when I first got chickens my DH did the line in the sand thing to show me how to hypnotize a chicken. It gave me the creeps.
hmm.png

lau.gif
Had to run right out and try this with my chickens, I made a video of my son doing it with out most untamed chicken and it worked!! I Text the video to BF and he then asks, thats great! now how do we get the kids to sit still like that
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom