Chicken in box after dark

Sep 27, 2020
Northern California
Hi! One of my girls is still in the nesting box. Everyone else is on the roosts. She is not broody, and acting normal. She doesn’t seem like she is trying to sleep there, rather just laying. She has already been sitting for 1+. I’m going to go check on her soon, but what should I do?

I have one that frequently wants her own room to sleep in. I think she doesn't want to deal with the drama when everyone is trying to decide where to sleep. I usually put her on the roost after everyone else is settled. She doesn't make any broody sounds or get annoyed about it so I know she is not broody. Other hens have occasionally done something similar.

I have one that frequently wants her own room to sleep in. I think she doesn't want to deal with the drama when everyone is trying to decide where to sleep. I usually put her on the roost after everyone else is settled. She doesn't make any broody sounds or get annoyed about it so I know she is not broody. Other hens have occasionally done something similar.
Yeah she is at the bottom. But to me it seems like she needs to lay. It has been raining so maybe her schedule is just off

Back
Top Bottom