Chicken in distress please help

Bakers-dozen

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2022
I need help. This morning around 8 am I noticed one of my chickens breathing was very distressed. I've separated her and gave her food and water. I added fishmox and electrolytes to her water. I also gave her a good soak in case of egg bound. I'm not sure when she last laid since I have 3 others that lay the same egg color. I'm not very experienced in chicken sicknesses. But im trying the basics with what I have available. She doesn't have any drainage that I can see from nose or eyes. One video is her breathing from this morning and the other is her breathing as of now. It is now 3:34 pm. Could she have had something stuck in her throat thats now been dislodged?
Any idea what's going on with her or treatment? I don't have much other than corid fishmox and vitamins.

Last edited:
She looks better in the second video, so that's good.
What's the temperature where you live?
73 f this morning 91f as of now coop and run is in shade of a large oak tree. Could she have been over heated?

Last edited:
I was wondering if she could have overheated, but that's not a bad temp.
Hopefully more experienced members will come along.
I wonder if she was in her coop if it could've been hotter? The nesting boxes can get pretty warm. When I went out there she was coming out the coop screaming like the first video. She did seem to calm down a good bit after I soaked her.

I wonder if she was in her coop if it could've been hotter? The nesting boxes can get pretty warm. When I went out there she was coming out the coop screaming like the first video. She did seem to calm down a good bit after I soaked her.
It's definitely possible, try to keep her cool, and you could try making her food a bit wet to help hydration.

It's definitely possible, try to keep her cool, and you could try making her food a bit wet to help hydration.
I had to put her back in with the rest of the girls she was getting restless not being able to move around. I will be giving fermented grains and soaked feed tomorow. And I have blueberries freezing to give tomorow as well.

Back
Top Bottom