Chicken is feeling sick

laura roith

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 6, 2014
My grandmother two chickens are sick.
She sprayed roach spray on the outside of the coop. I believe the two chickens ate a roach that was infected.
What can we do to help them recovery from poison?

Hope and pray. They could have picked up anything around the coop that would have poisoned them including any grit, seeds, leaves, whatever that was sprayed.

Keep the flock away from pesticides, herbicides, rodenticides, fungicides, wood preservatives, salt and anti-freeze.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I am so sorry about your birds. If in fact they are sick from this roach spray, you might try and epsom salt drench, molasses drench or a charcoal. Either of these will help to flush the body of toxins. Check out this thread in the Geese section. All this is the same for chickens...https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/700526/flushes-for-aiding-in-toxin-removal

You can also post this in our emergency section for more help as well...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

I hope your birds pull through.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I'm sorry about your chickens and the roach poison.
hugs.gif
TwoCrows gave you some helpful advice. Good luck!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about your grandmothers chicks, TwoCrows gave you some good suggestions, hope the chicks are OK.

Thank you all for the great advice. I am very pleased to be here with such a great community. I just bought my first three chicks, I am new to having chicks my self. I have a lot of learning to do still.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's chickens! TwoCrows has given good advice.

Good luck with them! I hope they get better.

Hope her chickens pull through, if they manage to lay eggs now, I would not eat any for a few days till hopefully it clears their system.

Back
Top Bottom