1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Chicken is sick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Maeflowers, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Maeflowers

Maeflowers Hatching

Aug 15, 2018
    Good day. 1 of my chickens is sick with a respiratory problem. She has been sick for 4 days. I've been giving her .5 ml of tylan 50 1 time a day in the back of the neck but I kept reading more help pages and I thought it would be best to up the dose to 2 doses yesterday. She is still wheezing, difficult to breath and a runny nose. I'm thinking about taking her to the vet tomorrow morning because she isn't showing signs of much improvement.

ChickNanny13 and Saaniya like this.
  2. Saaniya

Saaniya Crowing

Aug 31, 2017
    Delhi

It's 2 times a day
    In serve 3 times one in morning then noon then in night
    How much u add in water

I use neodox forte powder (neomycin nd doxycycline) with my chicken who caught up respiratory infection neodox works very good cleaning his mucus formation in mouth and weezing

U should see the dose how much u adding maybe u adding less quantity according to the bird weight and age

ChickNanny13 likes this.
  3. Maeflowers

Maeflowers Hatching

Aug 15, 2018

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Free Ranging Premium Member 7 Years

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Welcome to BYC. How is your chicken now? What are all of the symptoms you have seen so far? Tylan 50 dosage is 0.2 ml per pound 3 times daily, or 0.3 ml per pound twice a day if you cannot manage the 3 doses. Give for 3-5 days. Respiratory diseases can be viral, fungal, or bacterial. Tylan will only help if it is bacterial or from mycoplasma (MG.) Here is a good link to read about common diseases and symptoms, and read about infectious bronchitis, mycoplasma gallisepticum, infectious coryza, ILT, and aspergillosis, which as common ones:
    http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: