Chicken is suddenly not moving and can't walk

It could be, but it may be hard to know. Whenever I have had a hen die, I usually do a necropsy to look for what might have been wrong.
This morning she looked the same, couldn't get up. I was able to give her some worms and nutridrench in water. I went to get the vit e and b complex and made get some scrambled eggs with the vitamins crushed/poured on top. She wouldn't eat it and I left for a moment to deal with the other chickens and saw her stand up and she pooped a very strange, watery poop. I scooped it out to get it out of the run, and there was a lot of water in it (shovel pic). Does this offer any insight or answers as to what could be happening? I really appreciate your knowledge and help so much, these are my first chickens and it's frustrating because I feel like I have had so many issues ugh.

Attachments

• 20231021_114133.jpg
    20231021_114133.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231021_114135.jpg
    20231021_114135.jpg
    691.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231021_114139.jpg
    20231021_114139.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20231021_114350.jpg
    20231021_114350.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 5
The poop is kind of sickly looking, but I think that she possibly has some sort of reproductive infection. It is a shame that she won’t eat, but she may just not feel like it.

Just an update for anyone who may see this post in the future - my chicken has made a full recovery! I followed Eggsessive's advice and gave my chicken the suggested vitamins. It took a few days but eventually she started walking more and more and now acts completely normal. I still don't know exactly what the issue was but I think she ate something toxic maybe. All good now!

Just an update for anyone who may see this post in the future - my chicken has made a full recovery! I followed Eggsessive's advice and gave my chicken the suggested vitamins. It took a few days but eventually she started walking more and more and now acts completely normal. I still don't know exactly what the issue was but I think she ate something toxic maybe. All good now!
So happy that she is doing well. Thanks for the update.

Back
Top Bottom