Chicken just died

whiskaye

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2023
So around 5 in the morning my bantam was heard fluttering in her cage (quarantined) and then found motionless.

I'm at a loss as to why but I am looking at vent gleet as the culprit due to a small amount of yellow discharge being seen below the back of the vent, oddly there was no foul odor and she had an appetite whilst also active. She did have fowlpox a couple months back but recovered but did not lay eggs after that nor did she have any problems eating and her droppings looked pretty normal. She was periodically in and out of the coop with the other hens, should I have them checked?

(Sorry if I'm not making any sense or left a lot of details out as I'm barely heading to sleep)

You can have a necropsy performed on the body to get the answers you need. All birds are very good at hiding illness and she might have had infection that you didn't detect. Sorry for your loss.

You can have a necropsy performed on the body to get the answers you need. All birds are very good at hiding illness and she might have had infection that you didn't detect. Sorry for your loss.
Yeah she only was with me for almost a year, will see what I can have done.

Back
Top Bottom