Chicken just sitting in nest

Yep found her BACK in the coop In a nest with 2 eggs. (One I think might be hers) and one from another chick. Gathered up all my eggs put her back outside and again she is wandering around!

Ok how long does it take to break them of this?? Again last night she was sitting in the best on an egg. (Not plastic, someone just laid late). And then this morning she was on top of the nesting boxes spread out like she had eggs under her, picked her up, nothing there Put her near the door to go outside and she turned around and went in a box. I'm afraid she is gonna starve and or dehydrate herself if she keeps this up.

And last nught (I don't think it's related but still off) when I was doing the final night check I also noticed a shell less egg on the floor under one of the roosting chickens (not sure which of two it was from)

It takes about three days, some you can just move somewhere else and keep in a crate or pen, others require a wire bottom crate off the ground a bit, you'll know if you need the wire bottom if she sits down in the crate, otherwise if she stands or paces you are okay. Provide both feed and water.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom