Chicken Keeps falling on her face!

ScootersNotBombs

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
Came home today and one of my Barred Rocks can not stand up straight. Whenever she stands up, she falls right on her face and rolls forward. It is almost like she has no balance. Her tail feathers are pointed straight up. Any ideas?

Oh dear!

Have you tried a vitamin supplement or something like the rickets diet in case it's dietary?

If you fill in the sticky questions and post the answers in your thread you'd probably get a wider set of answers.

Is she young, could it be coccidiosis?

I'm sorry I have no other suggestions, but if it was happening here I would probably isolate her in a small cage, make sure she can eat properly, check her body weight etc, give a mixture of oatmeal/yoghurt/mince/grated carrot or whatnot, and check her droppings.

regards
Erica

this sounds like exactly the same thing that is going on with my 4 week old Australorp. Just noticed the strange behavior for the first time this morning. I am also wondering if it could be coccidiosis. The chicks were outside for the first time just yesterday and we live in Colorado which is very dry right ( bordering on drought).

Back
Top Bottom