Chicken keeps gasping for air and wheezing

Keep me posted on how she's doing.
Unfortunately I went out today to run some errands and I was gone for about two hours, when I got home she was dead. Her name was Thorn and I hatched her in 2018, so its reassuring to know she had a pretty good life before she died.

Can you get a video of her?

UPload video to YouTUBE and provide a link.

Any obstructions inside the beak, any lesions like canker or yellow/pasty material?
Crop emptying?
When was her last egg - any issues with laying or any fluid or bloat in the abdomen?
Nares (Nostrils) clear of debris?
Any mucous, facial swelling, bubbles in the eyes?

It's been an ongoing issue for about 8months, so if it is respiratory disease, it's a slow one. Likely something else going on.

Your thread can be found here
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/hen-wheezing-gasping-for-air-and-sneezing-coughing.1579204/
Hey I have a question, recently one of my chickens has been having the same symptoms, she's been stretching out to breathe every time and wheezes, doesn't eat or drink as much and she has bubbles in the eyes. I want to help her but don't know how to treat her. One chicken had also died with the same symptoms a few days ago.

Hey I have a question, recently one of my chickens has been having the same symptoms, she's been stretching out to breathe every time and wheezes, doesn't eat or drink as much and she has bubbles in the eyes. I want to help her but don't know how to treat her. One chicken had also died with the same symptoms a few days ago.
Welcome To BYC

I'm sorry about your hen.
How old is she?
Can you get a video of her? Upload video to YouTube and provide a link.

Bubbles in the eyes can often indicate respiratory disease like Mycoplasma. Common treatment for Symptoms is to use Tylosin, Tiamulin or Tetracyclines.
Re-check her crop to make sure it's emptying overnight.

Here's some reading about chicken diseases https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/ps044

Back
Top Bottom