Chicken Kisses <3

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AccentOnHakes, Mar 11, 2012.

1. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    I have two hens, Kevin and Jalapeno.

Yesterday, while I was feeding them some banana, I decided I wanted a chicken kiss! So I loosely held a piece of banana in my mouth and offered it to them. Having never tried this, they were a bit wary at first. After a while, Kevin reached out and took the banana. (NOTE: To those worried for hygienic reasons, we didn't actually touch. I made sure the piece was large enough that we didn't actually have to touch, and I let go the moment she grabbed it.)

Then I went online and posted as my status: "Oh yeah. I just got Kevin to kiss me. <3" Of course, being a weekend, lots of people were online. People went crazy trying to figure out the mystery guy, especially because they all know I don't have a boyfriend and most know I'm not interested in one at the moment. ;) I told people that it was really romantic, because it was just the two of us, and I was staring into Kevin's eyes, waiting for them to make the first move.... One of my favorites was describing is as a "peck on the lips".

By last night, there was only one more guy who didn't yet know the kiss was from my chicken. :p I drove him nuts, responding to all his questions in an honest manner but still making it sound like Kevin was a boy. Here are some examples:

How did you meet Kevin?
    I met Kevin on a trip to [city] last year.
    (I bought them from a feed store last year in [city])

How old is Kevin?
    Younger than me, but mature.
    (Mature=sexually mature, as in already laying eggs.)

Is Kevin cute?
    Yeah, I would say so. :)
    (Duh....of course my chickens are cute!)

Then today, I got another kiss, but I used coconut this time. I told the guy who still didn't know yet that it was nice, and less hesitant than yesterday. He totally fell for it. It was so funny when I told him that he hadn't met Kevin and wouldn't unless I decided he could, but he had the chance a week ago and passed it off. (He had a chance to come to my house after school but decided not to because I told him if he came, he had to help me clean the coop.)

My other friend just told him, though. It's a pity it didn't last longer, though his reaction was as funny as everyone else's. I got them good! I should have saved this for April Fool's, though. I can't do this again because they all know now. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Here's a picture of the lovely lady, taken just now!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  2. Royal Haxor

Royal Haxor New Egg

Mar 11, 2012
    three things...I HATE U, I HATE U, and lets c...I HATE U >.>
    ARGHHH I ACTUALLY THOUGHT IT WAS A GUY >.>
    now i feel so stupid now....

3. Aschenfire

Aschenfire Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    LOL! That is great! And I am soooo stealing the name Kevin for my next pullet... I'd forgotten all about "Kevin" (I assume you named her after the bird in "Up"?)

4. DCasper

DCasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Benton, KY
    Well, at least you bought him dinner first...

[​IMG]

5. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    You're right. :)

Royal Haxor: Hey, everyone else thought it was a guy, too. Suck it and and deal with it. I gotcha good.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  6. LilMissChz

LilMissChz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    North East, Maryland
    Great story, btw... but I wanted to thank you for some great Chicken names. I'm going to use "Kisses" and "Coconut" for two of my names.

Thanks![​IMG]

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Very funny story!
    One of my roos "kissed" me one day. And what a kiss! I was sitting on my hunches in the coop and I turned and he was next to me and he pecked my mouth. His beak went through the bottom of my lower lip, knocking a tooth. OUCH!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by