chicken laws??

dspears

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 23, 2013
Indianapolis
I need some help!!!....My family has had our chickens for about 5 months and we are very attached to them....to day we received a letter from the neighborhood association saying that we need to get rid of them...I was under the impression that chickens were considered pets, can someone please help find a law or something that help us to keep our chickens.....

we only have two females, that are not loud and are kept in a fenced in area inside of our privacy fence

Hello! I am so sorry to hear that. I live in a gated - pretty nice - neighborhood myself and we aren't aloud to have chickens. Yet we've had them for 8 years or more. Unfortunately, there is no exact law saying 'you can keep your chickens no matter what.' But you could write back to the home owners association saying that they are of no harm and they are not destroying the yard. (In fact they are fertilizing.) You could also use the excuse that they were a study project or something (that's pretty much our back up plan.) Hope you work it out.

Hello! I am so sorry to hear that. I live in a gated - pretty nice - neighborhood myself and we aren't aloud to have chickens. Yet we've had them for 8 years or more. Unfortunately, there is no exact law saying 'you can keep your chickens no matter what.' But you could write back to the home owners association saying that they are of no harm and they are not destroying the yard. (In fact they are fertilizing.) You could also use the excuse that they were a study project or something (that's pretty much our back up plan.) Hope you work it out.
This is a great idea!
thumbsup.gif
I hope you won't have to get rid of your babies.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom