Chicken Legality?

klawfran3

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 11, 2012
I am a new member and just started today. I really like chickens and I have been wanting some "easter eggers." I live in Playa Del Rey which is in LA county. I have no idea if they are legal as pets, and everything I look up is a wild goose chase (or should I say chicken :) )

I know someone who has a rooster as a pet, but they do not live in Playa Del Rey, so I still don't know. if you could please help me in any way, thank you.

Planning & zoning or animal control will be able to help you figure out what is allowed. When I called planning & zoning they gave me the number of animal control. Good luck!

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

Potential chicken owners should check their city’s zoning laws for livestock, specifically chickens. This information can be found on city planning department web sites or by calling the zoning department. (Laws vary by municipality but many cities in Los Angeles County allow residents to keep a small number of hens, and require that they be kept a minimum of 20 feet from the owner’s residence and 35 from any neighboring residences. Laws around keeping roosters tend to be more restrictive.)

I got this from;
http://ucanr.org/blogs/losangelesagriculture/index.cfm?tagname=chickens

And welcome! Glad you're here
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom