Chicken Limp

SIMPleChick

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Utah
I have a 21 week old beatiful little Welsummer gal, 2 actually. But Daisy Doodle has always seemed to have a limp with her left leg. I have inspected her legs, body and everything and EVERYTHING seems good. The ONLY difference I have seen from one leg and foot to the next is that on the left leg there are 3 spots down the outside of the leg that have small little "ingrown" feathers!? Small little hair/feather like bumps. I picked them out from under the scales and they were exactly that, tiny ingrown feathers. Nothing on the right leg and I know Welsummers do not have feathered legs. So I am thinking maybe the limp is from a genetic malformation or something? There is no crookedness in the foot or leg....She just has a hitch in her get along....Is there anything I should be worried about in the future? What if it gets worse??

Hi, I have a year and a half old BO roo and George has had a limp since he was 4-5 months old. Just noticed one day he walked weird, was concerned at the time, but he seems to be adjusted to it. He gets around and is the head roo. He sorta "duck walks" ... sadly it looks a lot like a german soldier from WW2.

Quote:
LOL! Yeah, I just noticed a few months ago but it wasn't bad, just thought she walked funny, but then got more noticeable....just worried, cause she is such a cute little girl!

Back
Top Bottom