Chicken limping (possible bumblefoot?)

Yooniebean

Chirping
Mar 17, 2020
Hello, today I noticed my chicken , biscuit , was limping. Took a picture and it seems to be swollen in the middle and there's a big ish hard bump too in her middle toe(??) Her other foot looks completely fine. Firsr Thoughts is that it could be bumblefoot but it looks different when I searched it.
anyone have an idea what it could be? Should I soak it in some warm water?
I'll attach a picture of both feet
Screenshot_20230413_193010_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230413_193334_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230413_193334_Gallery.jpg
    618 KB · Views: 3
Hello, today I noticed my chicken , biscuit , was limping. Took a picture and it seems to be swollen in the middle and there's a big ish hard bump too in her middle toe(??) Her other foot looks completely fine. Firsr Thoughts is that it could be bumblefoot but it looks different when I searched it.
anyone have an idea what it could be? Should I soak it in some warm water?
I'll attach a picture of both feetView attachment 3466695
Could it be scaly leg mites? I don’t see a obvious puncture would in the foot, or any oozing.

I'd give those feet a soak and a gentle scrub. There is a dark spot in the middle of the bump that might be a scab from an injury (which would indicate it is bumblefoot) or it might just be some dirt. Some of her scales do look a little odd... can't tell if it's just from the camera flash or if they're dry or what. How to the tops of her feet look?

I'd give those feet a soak and a gentle scrub. There is a dark spot in the middle of the bump that might be a scab from an injury (which would indicate it is bumblefoot) or it might just be some dirt. Some of her scales do look a little odd... can't tell if it's just from the camera flash or if they're dry or what. How to the tops of her feet look?
They seemed fine, she always had dry feet , wasnt able to make sure what it was since she passed away this afternoon 😔

Back
Top Bottom