Chicken Limping

We had a hen that just started limping. We placed her in the hospital/broody cage, with see no touch access to the rest of the flock. She stayed there for a couple of weeks, until she cried when everyone else was let out except her. We let her out with the rest of the flock, she limped a few more days and has been fine since.
If you feel no warm, or signs of a break, or signs of bumble foot, I would put her where she can interact with the flock, but still has to rest the leg. No roosting bar, just safe quiet, place where she can come nose to nose with the rest of the flock. Please lets us know how she is doing and if you find out anything else.

We had a hen that just started limping. We placed her in the hospital/broody cage, with see no touch access to the rest of the flock. She stayed there for a couple of weeks, until she cried when everyone else was let out except her. We let her out with the rest of the flock, she limped a few more days and has been fine since.
If you feel no warm, or signs of a break, or signs of bumble foot, I would put her where she can interact with the flock, but still has to rest the leg. No roosting bar, just safe quiet, place where she can come nose to nose with the rest of the flock. Please lets us know how she is doing and if you find out anything else.
Thanks. Good idea! I have her in a little space, with one of her flock mates every day. But I’m going to take your suggestion, she’s a bantam, so it’s easy

Back
Top Bottom