Chicken limping

Thanks.
I'm in the uk.so it's only docs mainly I need to worry about.had chime s over a year and no problems whats so ever.they used to go down the woods and my dogs would be with them most of the time.but a month ago I had something telling me to go down and check.i caught a fox running of with one of my girls.my favourite one to be honest.i got her back.i bathed her wounds and used anti bacteria sprays etc.but after 3 days it got infected.she was ok in her self.but vet said put her to sleep.i put a fence up in the woods and its been ok for a month.but then the girls have decided to go the other side if the fence and that happened yesterday.unfortunatley for the fox ,I'm ex army sniper and now I have my own pest control business .so I have a fox trap waiting for him.hes doing it in broad daylight as well .i only have two girls left now.but I have been on the waiting list to rescue some battery hens and they are coming on the 25th.so want to sort this fox out before then.
Many thanks

Well good luck on getting the bugger! hopefully it will all be sorted before you get your new hens . Here in NZ we don't have foxes ( luckily) however we do have the usual stoats, possums, ferrits, hawks and hedgehogs.... and the usual dogs, cats etc

Not sure why but I thought you had more predators there .
Yep hopefully I catch him.
My silky was the suragote mother to the two chicks that where taken.poor girl isn't herself at the moment .

We prob do but I don't live super rural... An the people down the road keep taking in hedgehogs which attack my chickens and my mother next doors chickens so any caught are quickly felt with... We maynot have as many but they still do the same damage and to the same extent. No I doubt she will be the same for a while, Silkies are very devoted mothers and she has just lost her 2 babies, give her time, love and safety and she should bounce back

I will do .thanks.
She's getting lots of treats at the moment .

I will do stiggy
Not sure if the rifle will come out or relocate it

Hmm, I'm not a big fan of killing but a pest is a pest, if you relocate it it will do it again or come back.... We had a hedgehog that we released 11 km away over 1 river and a stream and it came back 6 weeks later.... It wasn't so lucky that time

Back
Top Bottom