"Chicken Little" what Breed? Not what I was told...

Cdc73

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2018
I purchased her from a feed store along with a couple others that didn't survive the hawks down in FL. Was told Golden Comet. Made a move to our farm in KY and she's filling out nicely and as sweet as can be(husband says she thinks she's a dog). Chicken Little is what my granddaughter named her and I have looked up breeds of white chickens. My guess is possibly a white Americauna (if I spelled it right). Anyone else have a comment? I just joined and hope to learn a lot. We have added 10 more (hopefully females only) to the group to give her friends. I saw where I need better pictures so I will get a face shot or close ups if needed tomorrow in the daylight. Also have a few others that I'm clueless on breeds. So I'll be posting more. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3103.JPG
    IMG_3103.JPG
    397.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3102.JPG
    IMG_3102.JPG
    431.2 KB · Views: 20
Yea I think her legs are a gray to green color. She's not laying. I'm trying to remember when I bought her. She was just a week old and I think it was november.

I didn't know they were rare. I was just looking at heads to see what was similar to mine. She is certainly not what they told me...didn't matter to me because she is our pet. So she's a mutt? Lol fitting

EEs that come from hatcheries and thus most feed stores aren’t really mutts. They just don’t have a standard so they can have many different looks. I personally wouldn’t say Ameraucana are rare though certain colors are hard to find. There are a couple of hatcheries that sell Blue Ams. But you will pay a lot more for a true Ameraucana.

She is a very pretty bird. Hopefully you get blue or green eggs. Those are fun.

Back
Top Bottom