Chicken littles getting big :)

Raptorchick

Serama-mama
May 21, 2018
Pine Grove, CA
Hi all! I've been lurking on these forums for about a year now, and thought I'd introduce myself :) Last spring I decided to renovate a large fenced area that was originally for chickens, then a dog run, then goats, and later a garden. The fencing on it is multi-layered, but I added quarter-inch hardware cloth to the inside and buried it a foot deep. Then we built a small coop out of a doghouse, and also renovated an old (and very large) coop when they grew bigger. Originally we ordered and hatched 4 bantam eggs, which 3 turned out roos, and one gold laced wyandotte hen. We gave 2 roos to friends and kept the smallest (Lil Britches, my buddy). Then we bought chicks from the feed store, and ended up with one rhode island rooster (Blue-my brother swore he had blue eyes as a chick), 2 rhode island hens, and 4 gold orpingtons. My wyandotte Dotti flew the coop and was attacked by dogs a couple months back, and I decided to try hatching her eggs. I had a wonderful broody mother (Big Mama) who hatched 2 wyandotte/red and 6 gold/red crosses. I'm so excited to se what they will end up looking like (although I'm worried a few are roos lol). I'm sure you'll see me posting here and there... I really love this forum. Great to meet everyone :)
PS I'll add pics of my babies tonight :)

Roos are ok too!:D :welcome
fair rooster.JPG

Back
Top Bottom