Chicken love?

mstkseavey

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2013
Belleville, IL
I know this might cause a riot... But do you think chickens can love you? I mean I know my girls get excited to see me... But I often think they come running like Pavlov's dogs! I would love to think they are wanting to see me..not just what I have for them.... Thoughts? No riots please... Just wondering! LOL

Hi, I have 7 girls, they all luv treats but only 2 of them like me to give them attention, the rest could care less.

Miss Molly

Blondie

I kinda think the same way you do. All three love treats. But my blue polish splash runs the other direction if I do not have treats. The black star Yolko sticks around. Doesn't mind attention at all. And the one I am nursing back to health from a dog attack sings from her "hospital room" in my game room when she hears my voice in the kitchen. But I don't know... My family thinks I am crazy. And so do most of my friends. Lol

They know who brings the "eats" and all, but in some way, I like to believe that they do love us in their own way.
thumbsup.gif

They know who brings the "eats" and all, but in some way, I like to believe that they do love us in their own way.  :thumbsup

X2.....they all come running that's for sure, but I do have a barred rock, an EE and a black Australorp like to "love on" me even when I don't have treats! Oh and my EE cockeral loves me too!

I think my chicken sent a message through her egg.
This is how it looked when I turned to take it out of the frypan.

I think my chicken sent a message through her egg. This is how it looked when I turned to take it out of the frypan.
I don't know why, but that image just about made me sniffle with a big "AWWWW!!!" :love I have a lot of hens. Several roosters, too. Plus ducks, geese, turkeys and a peacock. I know the roosters respect me. As for love? Well, as much as I love them - all of them - MOST of the poultry is definitely following Pavlov's assertions. I don't care, I loves em anyway. ;) There have been a few which display affection unrelated to food triggers. There's something comforting - if a bit silly - to have one's hair preened by a trilling chicken nestled sleepily on one's shoulder. When a chicken "trills" (almost sounds like a purr), it's happy.

Nothing wrong with thinking our birds love us....even if it's for treats. I do have one girl that will jump in my lap every time I sit down and I'll cuddle her and I like to think she loves me. :)

Back
Top Bottom