1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken math has already set in!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Steergirl, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Steergirl

Steergirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston Area
    My chicks are 4 wks old and I was thinking about chick days (got them from TSC) then I saw some posts about chicken math, then I realized that chicken math set in from day one!
    My TSC sells out in an hr so I went early that morning and made sure I was first in line. First they only got in red pullets, and although we had only wanted two red pullets we figured since we were planning on getting 8 pullets all together just go ahead and get 8 red pullets. Well then as we were checking out they got a call that 4 other boxes of chicks had arrived, so we waited. Then the chicks and ducks came in and we ended up with 6 more pullets and 2 ducks! So 8+6+2= 14! not 8[​IMG]. Chicken math![​IMG]

2. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Garden Gal

Garden Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Virginia
    I went to our local feed store yesterday for 200# of layer feed... I came home with 200# of layer feed, 10# of chick starter and 5 new Ameraucana and 1 black sex link chicks. JUST the night before I told my husband we had too many chicks and feeding them all was getting too expensive. [​IMG]

NOW we have 24 hens, one wonderful roo and 6 new babies. AND a broody hen sitting on 12 eggs!!!! YIKES!!!! (Now I'm looking at new coops - this has GOT to stop!!) [​IMG]

4. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    I love chicken math hehe [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by