chicken math out of getting out of hand (need to sell some)

wingstone

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 21, 2012
McVeytown
on top of full brooders and 25 in a grow pen, I went for feed yesterday and got offered a deal I couldn't say no to.....feed store is stuck with chicks that are about 4 weeks old and can not sell them....They are giving them to me for free (of course I will have to buy lots of feed) picking them up in about an hour.......35 barred rocks and 15 white leghorns...am I nuts or would you have taken them to?

on top of full brooders and 25 in a grow pen, I went for feed yesterday and got offered a deal I couldn't say no to.....feed store is stuck with chicks that are about 4 weeks old and can not sell them....They are giving them to me for free (of course I will have to buy lots of feed) picking them up in about an hour.......35 barred rocks and 15 white leghorns...am I nuts or would you have taken them to?

It would of been really, really hard not to take them, but chicken math at my house has already occured. Adding 50 MORE to the 26 I already have would of been to much for my small coop.

But, oh, I would of wanted to take them so much
hit.gif

I was on my way to work at the time and told them I would be back in the morning....This is a small family owned feed store not one of your big chain stores...will post a pic when i get them settled in...have a pen with 50 meaties in that are still sectioned off, gonna give these birds the other half for now...but it will not be long before the meaties need all of the space...gives me about 2 weeks to come up with a plan.

lancaster county, I will have these birds for awhile...most people around here want them at about 14 weeks....guess they do not want to wait long for eggs......this is the reason that I only have 3 leghorns in my flock right now....hubby keeps selling them.....

Back
Top Bottom