Chicken math?

One plus one equals 200.. Core Education. Like the Russian drug Krokodil, alligator skin.. One hit and you are hooked..
Krokodil and Alligator Skin are synthetic drugs that can trigger immediate addiction in users. Like petting a day old chick at the feed store- the next thing you know, you're broke from buying plywood, chicken wire, feed, an incubator, a brooder, heat lamps, heat plates, toys for chicks, waterers, feeders, chicken pants, chicken shoes, a tiny purple fur trimmed hat for your rooster because he's a stone pimp...

Well, last year I was thinking that chicken math was a farce, and just for the weak minded people, especially when the wife didn't want them in the first place! One day, my son and dil brought me 6 chicks, about 3 1/2 weeks ago. As of now, I have 16, and not really sure what happened.

The good part of it is that their coop is coming Friday!! I'll have to modify it and build the run, but it will be fine. The run will be 8x24, so all is well, until I go back and get some sexlinks, lol. I still have room, right?
I bought 10, then went back for 6 more then a week later got 6 more then 2 days after that got 6 more... 😅 And now I’m entering in every contest on this page and just 2 weeks ago I knew nothing about chickens and now I feel like I could get another 50 😂

It was originally 6 chickens. (2019)
The coop was tiny (pre-fabs.. :barnie)

In 2020 a bigger coop was built (5’ by 8’, excluding nesting boxes) with a 750 square foot run.

2020. 6 chicks last year, and 7 chicks this year. (2021) Unfortunately, 4 of them have passed away, and a good few have been cockerels (can’t keep)

Still waiting on one of them (might be cockerel) but am currently at a total of 13.
:thI know this probably doesn’t sound like a lot... but this year the flock has been doubled. (Before this years chicks, 6 remained, and this year we bought 7)

And since their strictly pets (of course, eggs are nice too) that’s a lot of pet chickens. If I had the room, I’d want a whole lot more.

In a dream world, I would have 3 coops. One for meat, one for eggs, and one for pets. (Probably having a total of 200 chickens or so)

It was originally 6 chickens. (2019)
The coop was tiny (pre-fabs.. :barnie)

In 2020 a bigger coop was built (5’ by 8’, excluding nesting boxes) with a 750 square foot run.

2020. 6 chicks last year, and 7 chicks this year. (2021) Unfortunately, 4 of them have passed away, and a good few have been cockerels (can’t keep)

Still waiting on one of them (might be cockerel) but am currently at a total of 13.
:thI know this probably doesn’t sound like a lot... but this year the flock has been doubled. (Before this years chicks, 6 remained, and this year we bought 7)

And since their strictly pets (of course, eggs are nice too) that’s a lot of pet chickens. If I had the room, I’d want a whole lot more.

In a dream world, I would have 3 coops. One for meat, one for eggs, and one for pets. (Probably having a total of 200 chickens or so)
I’m right there with you! In 2019 I got 5 chicks and a small coop (too small). Come 2020 I ordered 6 more babes and built a larger coop.
Here we are 2021, ordered 3 babies, then called back a week later, added another and a freebie to my order. 10 days later I lost part of my flock to a predator. So I ordered another 5...
Last Sunday my other half, came home with 5 straight run babies *sigh*...
So in a matter of 3 months, I will triple my flock. This is chicken math isn’t it??😆

I’m right there with you! In 2019 I got 5 chicks and a small coop (too small). Come 2020 I ordered 6 more babes and built a larger coop.
Here we are 2021, ordered 3 babies, then called back a week later, added another and a freebie to my order. 10 days later I lost part of my flock to a predator. So I ordered another 5...
Last Sunday my other half, came home with 5 straight run babies *sigh*...
So in a matter of 3 months, I will triple my flock. This is chicken math isn’t it??😆
So similar! Sorry for your loss. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom