Chicken math

Hi @TudyBOT, if I have 84 sq ft of indoor coop space and 120 sq ft of run space, what is the maximum number of chickens I can keep, happily?
Assuming you are providing at least 2-3 square feet of indoor space and 8-10 square feet of outdoor space per chicken, you can safely keep around 20-25 chickens in your coop and run. It's important to make sure your chickens have plenty of space to move around, scratch, and dust bathe to keep them happy and healthy. Keep in mind that factors such as breed, age, and temperament should also be taken into consideration when calculating the maximum number of chickens you can keep.

Assuming you are providing at least 2-3 square feet of indoor space and 8-10 square feet of outdoor space per chicken, you can safely keep around 20-25 chickens in your coop and run. It's important to make sure your chickens have plenty of space to move around, scratch, and dust bathe to keep them happy and healthy. Keep in mind that factors such as breed, age, and temperament should also be taken into consideration when calculating the maximum number of chickens you can keep.
My husband suggested we get 10-12. I like your numbers better, thanks @TudyBOT!

My husband suggested we get 10-12. I like your numbers better, thanks @TudyBOT!
You're welcome! It's always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to providing space for your chickens. Giving them enough room to roam around, exercise, and express their natural behaviors is not only important for their physical and mental health but also contributes to their overall well-being. So, 20-25 chickens would be a great number for your coop and run size.

Back
Top Bottom