Chicken Math

Quote:
Refer to the math rule where those who are opposed to chickens see "a million of those stupid things". You see a "few" adorable chooks - your cousins see one million stupid things.

I wanted 3, came home from D&B Farm and Home, with 6. Not the kind I wanted. So the next day, I had to go to Big R, to get the 3 I originally intended to purchase.

1 was a roo so that doesn't count. 1 died and one got eaten by a cat.

6 is a LOT easier to count than "a million of those stupid things". Sometimes I can count them by listening to them. The little black bantam sounds like a turkey and the RIRs hum.

Me too! I only wanted a coulple of hens to lay eggs. So started with 3 hand - me - down hens from a neighbor. But chicks are cute, so got two spring chicks. But green eggs are neat so found a pair of EE's on craigslist & he had two polish hens too . . . . add one more cast off from the neighbor

2 = 10
hu.gif

Lost 2 to predetors this spring so, got some chicks to replace. And of course, the 4H DD needed some show quality birds so we had to order with the 4H group. And even though we ordered 4, we brought home 5

Now I have 21.
hide.gif

It's when chicken math starts to make sense to you that you are Really in trouble!
lau.gif

If you have an especially evil Silkie, it's like a black hole, so it sucks in the mass from at least three of the surrounding chickens (or six other Silkies). Which means of course, that it might appear that you have seven chickens, but you only have one...so you should hatch out more.
wink.png
jumpy.gif
Chickens shouldn't be lonely, y'know.

Chicken math is actually very simple, but it involves symbolic logic.

T = equals the number of birds you start out thinking you want. But as as that is only a thought exercise it has no basis in observable reality.
A = equals the number of birds available to you for purchase or for free
I = equals the strength of the impulse you feel when you suddenly realize that you have access to more birds than you initially thought you wanted.
X = is number of birds that will cause your outraged spouse, parents, or significant other to hit you in the head if you bring home ONE MORE bird.
G = equals the number of foot rubs, home cooked meals, dishes washed, clothes picked up, rooms cleaned, and honey-dos accomplished you have done for the person represented by X.

Thus chicken math works this way.

X = ((T*A+I)-1) + G

You see, it's all very simple. The hard part is finding their G-spot.

Back
Top Bottom