**chicken Math ????**

Tripp16

Songster
8 Years
May 26, 2011
North Carolina
Ok everyone!! Chicken Math has got me AGIAN!
he.gif

My friends hen just hatched out two new baby chicks! Witch is the same breed as my one other hen and Rooster. My question is do you think it would be hard to introduce two new hens to Paislee (Roo) and Gracie (Hen). They have been alone for a few months now but she isnt laying yet. She seems VERY sweet. Im just afraid she wont like the new comers....
hu.gif

Should I just fight off the Chicken Math bug or go ahead and get them to be with Paislee and Gracie??
hu.gif

Any advice GREATLY appreciated!
smile.png

we were told u must always add more than what u original have but we never have, in the past we have added 2 to an existed 4 . The 1st time we did it nothing happened at all, unfortunately we lost 2 and added another 2 further down the linewhich resulted in a 30 sec fight between 2 birds and now theyre all settled again. I also have a family who love our animals, we have a bearded dragon lizard - 2 big soft rottweilers( despite the stigma they unfortunatly get as a breed) - 1 cuckoo Marran- 1 Gold laced Cochin - 1 Silkie bantam- 1 light Sussex - 1 lohmann and 3 great kids
smile.png

I don't c y not,if you've got the space. Unfortantely we have 2 stick 2 just having the 5 for now , my wife would have me knocking the garage down otherwse 2 make more room. Our 1 st 2 we added were a 9 wk old maran and a 10 wk old cochin to an existing 4 which we had 4 a year and were all hatched on the same farm and we had no problems what so ever, we've had chickens now 4 about 3 & half years and never really had any problems adding new birds people were right about the pecking order that it can look a bit brutal but never seems 2 last very long so y not. good luck:)

Back
Top Bottom