Chicken Math

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by coppahed, Sep 30, 2011.

1. coppahed

coppahed Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2007
    Montana
    Got hammered by chicken math today. I have been looking for Chanteclers. Found five(2 roo's& 3 pullets)and then decided that I could breed the roo's to Dominiques and get sex-link chicks w/little to no comb.
    Just what I am looking for.Ordered 6 Dominique pullets. Forgot that I already had 7 sex-link pullets that I wanted to x with Chanteclers to reduce comb size. That will give me 16 hens and 2 roo's. Plus my Barred Rock roo and his 6 girls. Butta bing, butta boom, butta bang I'm upto 25 chickens. How can I stop this disease?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  2. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Roosters don't count, as they don't lay eggs!

3. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    YOU CANT! Besides, it isn't a disease...it's a...a...there's a word for it that escapes me right now...but yep, that's what it is! [​IMG]

4. coppahed

coppahed Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2007
    Montana
    Thank You. I feel much better now that I know I only have 22 chickens! I can live with that. Until spring.

5. deChickyHen

deChickyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    NOPE because you forgot you had the 7 sex links, they don't count either [​IMG] [​IMG] .. i learned Chicken math the hard way [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. KarenP

KarenP Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Westport
    It's so addicting!!![​IMG] I never thought i would enjoy my chickens so much. I just keep adding to the bunch!!

7. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Chicken Math forced my poor dad to build another coop! Then after that I bought a chicken hutch that I saved up for........NOW I need to build a little run for my NEW baby Silkies!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by