Chicken math

We got 10 and that was ENOUGH. LoL When they're chicks, they have to stay inside and they POOP UP A STORM. haha. Couldn't wait for them to be feathered enough to go out!

Chicks do not have to be inside. I never brood in the house, I can't imagine breathing all that dander.....

Chicken math strikes again. I had 24 chicks, 12 pullets and probably 12 cockerels, which would mean 12 hens with 2 Roos and then some great chicken dinners. Well the feed store didn't cancel my order I made back in march. Now I have 6 more golden sex link day old chicks.

I'm about to lose one, my roo is going to a new home when he starts crowing so I will be down to 4 hens. Will probably stay there for a while. I originally only wanted 2 so it still counts as "chicken math" lol

I have hatched out 52 healthy chicks this year already. Lost a few along the way. Have 28 duck eggs in the bator now, 7 silkies sitting on eggs and 2 muscovies on clutches. My coop was full before chicks. Told my DH I wanted a Chicken Palace and he rolled his eyes at me. Going to a Poultry and small animal sale on Sunday.

I have hatched out 52 healthy chicks this year already. Lost a few along the way. Have 28 duck eggs in the bator now, 7 silkies sitting on eggs and 2 muscovies on clutches. My coop was full before chicks. Told my DH I wanted a Chicken Palace and he rolled his eyes at me. Going to a Poultry and small animal sale on Sunday.

Sounds like the plan I'm already trying to "hatch" for next spring! :) only downfall is I'm grounded from going to the feed store by myself; I can't be trusted to come home chick free lol ;)

Back
Top Bottom