Chicken Men in SC

Caleb1534

Chirping
Jun 9, 2020
Hello!

My name is Caleb, and I live in the beautiful Upstate of South Carolina. Give me a shout-out if you're another Upstate SC local! :)

Here goes nothing:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I bought my first chickens when I was 14 years old. I'm now a 27yo, and no longer care for my family's chickens. But several of my younger brothers do (The Chicken Men). In fact, one of my brothers is the reason why I joined this forum. He's a 16yo, and wants to make sure he's doing the best job he can to take care of the chickens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Between 30 and 40, I believe.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I'll have to check with my brothers before I can answer this one! Several, for sure, including some mixed breeds.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love watching chickens 'do their thing'. It's very relaxing... :)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I enjoy reading, writing, researching ANYTHING online, chess, running, and working on my family's cars (not an exhaustive list, by any means, I'm a Renaissance man, of sorts.).

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We also have ducks, geese, doves, dogs, and cats on our 15-acre plot of ground.

I'm the oldest child in my family, and I have six brothers and two sisters. I love being part of a large family!

I work for a company called Greenville Media (https://greenvillemedia.com/). We provide support and A/V (and IT-related) products for TV stations, churches, schools, universities, colleges, and governments.

I am a conservative Christian (Protestant, specifically most similar to Baptist, I believe.); I believe the Bible is the Word of God.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I found this forum some time ago when researching chicken-related questions online for my 16yo brother. He has specific questions about deworming chickens with Safeguard, which is what prompted me to join this forum today.

Well, there ya go!

Looking forward to gleaning chicken knowledge from all of y'all and sharing it with the Chicken Men... ;)

Back
Top Bottom