Chicken Mixing

Thanks for all the input. We had to thin the crowing crowd down AND fill the freezer, so all that are left now are:

1 Speckled Sussex
3 Cuckoo Marans
1 Buff Orpington
1 Easter Egger

The BO (Norman) ripped a hole in the neck of my turken pullet (Padma), and chances are, he did it to my OTHER turken pullet (Parvati), as well. He's not high on the list anymore
somad.gif

The SS (Spot) has turned all crazy since his brother left. He just runs around like a nutjob and freaks the rest of them out. Is he looking for his brother?
idunno.gif

One Cuckoo Marans (Jean-Robert) has been the Alpha roo from day one. He stands guard (like Buster's SS) like a warrior. The other Cuckoo Marans are just "there."

The Easter Egger (Mr. Greenjeans) is mellow. He may become the winner of Kruczek Family Farm's Survivor Rooster Island
gig.gif

Well not just chickens,but mixing breeds of animals. I think I have read it somewhere,but can't' remember where. It's in the Old Testament.

Can you tell your buff orps' eggs apart from the other hens? If so, then I might go with the orp roo. Then you could let all your hens run together, but you would still know that your orps would lay purebred eggs.

If not, consider saving the EE roo. Then you will know that your EEs are laying "purebred" (such as EE is) eggs.

Otherwise, go with your personal favorite.
smile.png

OH MY GAWD THIS IS SO HARD!

The difference with our Rooster Survivor is that the chickens don't hold up little signs saying who they are voting for, but we can tell. We know who they want to go, even without watching the video playback.

We now call butchering a chicken "Probsting."

Back
Top Bottom