Chicken moaning and sneezing

It sounds like a respiratory infection. Do you have access to antibiotics? If you have Oxytetracycline it is a broad spectrum antibiotic and water soluble. Tylan is no longer sold, unfortunately but if you still have it use it.

I don’t. I’m headed to the feed store for VetRX. Will that work? Do I need to separate her from the flock?

It sounds like a respiratory infection. Do you have access to antibiotics? If you have Oxytetracycline it is a broad spectrum antibiotic and water soluble. Tylan is no longer sold, unfortunately but if you still have it use it.

I don’t. I’m headed to the feed store for VetRX. Will that work? Do I need to separate her from the flock?

Do you have a video? Is there a discharge from her nasal passage? Does she have mucus in her mouth? Comb color change? Any other behavior changes? Is she eating, drinking, pooping?

I ask because just yesterday one of my girls was sneezing and coughing like crazy. Since I am a first time chicken person, I panicked, snapped a video and posted on the forum. After it was up and not replies, I decided to go check out my girl. She was moving around fine. Comb had good color, wings and tail looked fine. Her beak was clean on the outside. She let me open her mouth to check for mucus, but instead of the mucus, she had a tiny piece of grass stuck to the roof of her mouth. I made her get a drink and then all was good. But I was ready to storm down to the farm supply store and find something to treat for respiratory infection.

Do you have a video? Is there a discharge from her nasal passage? Does she have mucus in her mouth? Comb color change? Any other behavior changes? Is she eating, drinking, pooping?

I ask because just yesterday one of my girls was sneezing and coughing like crazy. Since I am a first time chicken person, I panicked, snapped a video and posted on the forum. After it was up and not replies, I decided to go check out my girl. She was moving around fine. Comb had good color, wings and tail looked fine. Her beak was clean on the outside. She let me open her mouth to check for mucus, but instead of the mucus, she had a tiny piece of grass stuck to the roof of her mouth. I made her get a drink and then all was good. But I was ready to storm down to the farm supply store and find something to treat for respiratory infection.
She seems to look fine everywhere. No mucus or anything. I can’t figure out how to post a video on this thread. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom