chicken moat, anyone else have one?

I dearly wish I'd of read about the chicken moat in MEN before I built my coop, that would have been perfect - and I'd never ask for it to be changed, now, hubby would clobber me!
lol.png

I would hate to mess with that garden! Looks like you have some great guard chickens walking their position at the post! Great idea, I like it.

Luckily the chickens only have to defend against bugs. The Great Dane takes care of the deer, the Bull Mastiff takes care of the people, the Akita and mutt dog take care of the coons, the Yorkie and the Jack Russell take care of the squirrels and the cats take care of the rabbits, mice and moles. Its a pretty good system:eek:

Now I just need to get some of those fly predators everyone keeps talking about and we'll be set!

what a GREAT idea!!! wowza..hey why didnt i see this in Mother Earth? hey where IS my mother earth mag...

anyway

LOVE the idea and the blog
:)

but wow this is not at all what i thought it was.... chicken moat... hee hee i had all kinds of crazy ideas that involved either monty python or mel brooks....

however my husband is shaking his fist at you right now because, yes dear, in fact we ARE going to get more field fence tomorrow. and yes we are going to be pounding in fence posts all darn week...

thanks for the great pix!

Quote:
What, you husband didn't just say no and then turn to the camera and say "its good to be the king"

Don't let him know, but we're building our cow catapult next week.
gig.gif

PS the idea came from the mother earth website, not the magazine

I have to give full credit for the gate idea to my husband. I should also point out that we opted to cover the run with bird netting rather than use 6 foot high fence. There was a considerable price difference between 4 ft high and 6 ft high fencing. It does make it a little challenging when I have to get something out of the run through. I'm sure I look like a crazy woman walking through there bent over because if you're further than 20 feet away you can't see the bird netting.

Back
Top Bottom