Chicken name contest; no prize, just for fun!

Apr 16, 2020
Northern Florida
I want to see you best chicken names! 😊 Who evers chicken name gets the most likes will get the prize of gloating rights! The only rules are 1. Has to be a name you have named a chicken 2. Only one name a post 3.You have to tell a little bit about the chicken behind the name. Let the games begin!!!🐥🐤🐣

Love this competition idea!
We have a bantam New Hampshire red cockerel named Bugsy, aptly named for his large eyeballs. He’s a sweet scrawny little teenager that hasn’t quite figured out how to be all manly and assert his dominance, so he prefers to sit on his (human) mother’s lap which is safely out of the reach of the older roosters.

I have the name Splendor for one hen. I had a BLRW who was wonderful. I lost her to a skunk. I bought a second BLRW who I also named Splendor. She was a look alike. But, hen cannot be replaced..
aj.PNG

Last edited:
Ella! She was a surprise EE, we bought her as a speckled Sussex but that was not the case. She was a mystery for a while, but she couldn’t have been a better girl! She passed too soon.
Ella is such a cute name! I loved my mystery girl too, she was supposed to be a black sex link, turned out she was a crevecoure. She also died much to soon, sorry for your lose.😔😔

Love this competition idea!
We have a bantam New Hampshire red cockerel named Bugsy, aptly named for his large eyeballs. He’s a sweet scrawny little teenager that hasn’t quite figured out how to be all manly and assert his dominance, so he prefers to sit on his (human) mother’s lap which is safely out of the reach of the older roosters.
Awww, he sounds so cute! I had a cockerel who I thought was a pullet because he was so submissive, all the girls bossed him around!

Last edited:
I have the name Splendor for one hen. I had a BLRW who was wonderful. I lost her to a skunk. I bought a second BLRW who I also named Splendor. She was a look alike. But, hen cannot be replaced..View attachment 2465691
Beautiful name! Sorry for your lose.😔 I haven't had many chickens but I already know all to well about mourning a sweet hens death.

Back
Top Bottom