Chicken Names- whats your chickens name?

Pics
we've got, in pecking order:

vera - ex-battery hen and queen of the backyard.
snot and bogey - two white leghorns, i think. the names were a joke that struck
cankles - some sort of mix breed bantam who has rather thick legs compared to the rest.
gladys - also some unknown mix of breeds but has awesome looking black feathers and lays green eggs.
blanche - lovely little silkie.
ena and elsie - two orpington/red shaver crosses we hatched about six months ago.
roger - old english game bantam rooster, rascally roger the rooster loves getting into the vege garden
smile.png

jenny and lucy - two old english game bantam hens, about five months old, same as roger.
doris - five month old orpington, largest of all the chickens yet bottom of the pecking order, go figure
idunno.gif
pretty funny seeing the oegb girls giving her a telling off though, she's about ten times their weight i'm sure!

also sadly passed now there was:

betty and janice - two ex-battery girls who had a taste of freedom at least.
and last but not least: deidre - silkie hen, passed this week unexpectedly and suddenly
hit.gif

I Know this is old, but I thought I would share the names if our 4 hens and rooster:
Camikazi is the highest ranking hen and likes to remind everyone. She was the first one to jump out of the crate when we brought them home and had been in charge ever since!
Then is Maddie, but I call her Mommas girl since anytime I shoo them back into the yard, she stands next to me and stares up at me until I pick her up and carry her
Next is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third....named by my 3 year old after her favorite character in the How To Train Your Dragon series.
Finally is low lady on the totem pole- Annie. I swear she is scolding me every time I pick up one of the chickens! She is so funny!

And our mighty Roo- Hawk. Named after the creature that stole one of our hens and led to the decision to bring him home. I love him!

Hermione the silkie cross, who is my broody and responsible for furthering my flock
Abby Brewster, the golden laced bantam wyandotte who crows. (RIP Martha Brewstr, her sister)
The Freebie Sisters: Phoebe the Freebie and Helen
And Bonus the buff sussex cockerel who is snowy white...Didn't think he was gonna hatch, so he was a bit of a bonus

I like some of the old new england type names for the old breeds- Sarah gold sexlink, Pru black sex link, Rosie (for rosie the riveter), a tough chick, RIR. Still trying to figure out a name for our new 2 year old Barred Rock...

Last edited:
Patrick - EE
Josephine - Jersy Giant
Betty (Phyllis) - Polish
Ctik - Leghorn
Ukuhm - Campine
Olga - Polish

Mortimer - BO/Silkie
Kaput BO/Silkie

Bubba -BO/Silkie
Mildred - Wyandotte
Bach-Bach - Wyandotte

Wooster the Rooster - BO/Silkie
Spot II - Leghorn
Margaret - Leghorn

Spok - BO
Goldie - BO
Edgy - BO
Audrey Forbs-Hamilton - White Rock
Rowhena - Barred Rock
Sally - Lakenvelder
Chippy - Silkie
Rosie - Bantam Frizzle Cochin

and Henry, our Serama house chicken.

RIP
Vulture - Barred Rock
Streatchy - Barred Rock
Spot - White Rock
Don Ella McKay - BO/Silkie

Last edited:
we have 7 unnamed chickens so far. a wyandonte rooster named pete 3 ducks. pekin- professor waddles
khaki campbell- star
mallard female- joe lol

Not a chicken but a Lavender Guinea Keet. A friend had him he was an only child hatched with quail. They did fine till he figured the quail toes looked alot like worms. I took him in and put him with Keets I already had. A friend wanted me to name him Bobbitt.... but I refuse...

His name is Wittle Wild Blue or Wild child. What a crack up he stands in the water to drink while his older step brothers/sisters walk around the outside. He stands in the middle of the food and kicks it out for his brothers/sisters, who tower over him.

I have Matilda (and her dearly departed sister Gretchen) RIR
Josie and Melody - red sex link
Valerie - speckled Sussex
Pepper - Blue polish crescent
And two young welsummers that Adopted Matilda (she is less than gracious, but willing!) who have yet to be named, but might become Betty and Veronica.

Back
Top Bottom